I’ve been to Bangkok quite a few times because well, tickets to travel within SEA are usually cheap (think inter-state travel in USA, or budget flight within EU). It’s been 2 years since my last visit, and I just can’t wait for May this year where I’ll go again!
I don’t know why I’m unusually excited about this place, as I had always just seen it as just another place for shopping. Anyway, like to share some of my planning.
For traveler SIM card, it’s really cheap to buy them at the Thailand airports. There’s even an option to purchase a set of 3 SIM cards! I’m intending to use internet for Uber/Grab rides, and also for realtime map. Gotta love technology~
Again i succumbed to the cheaper rates of Airbnb and booked a studio condo near Ratchathewi BTS (somewhere near Siam & Platinum Mall). I hope it’ll be nice.
I’ve always gone there for shopping and eating at Black Canyon Cafe, but I think for this trip I will also check out:
- MK Gold (My friend raves about this)
- Cat Cafe near Ratchathewi BTS
- Night Streetfood opposite CentralWorld (This is da bomb!)
Generally, tourists stay in these areas:
- Khao San Road for partygoers
- Pratunam for cheap shopping (platinum mall, pratunam market)
- Nearby BTS such as Ratchethewi, Nana, Silom, Chitlom etc for easy navigation to other areas
Shall update this when I can!